Deadline for submissions 25th April 2022
About the Curve Awards
The Live Final: The Curve Awards 2022 will be hosted online on 9th June 2022 at 2pm WAT.
The event brings together practitioners, academics, donors and government leaders from Nigeria and beyond to celebrate the very best use of learning and continuous improvement in the development sector. The Awards are an opportunity for organizations to showcase their use of responsive feedback in Nigeria, and to share learnings and case studies with others working in the development sector.
At the Live Final, four finalists will present to the Judging Panel who will then decide the Awards Winner live on the call. You can have your say, too, through the Public Vote.
Follow the event at https://www.linkedin.com/events/6912088254234136576/about/
The Curve Awards 2022 winner will receive:
- An op-ed feature of their work in Devex, one of the leading media platforms in the development sector, with two individuals credited as authors.
- An opportunity to work closely with Professor K. Viswanath to submit their work as a Case Study to feature in an Academic Paper.
- Attendance to an exclusive ‘Learning Lunch’ with a Senior Director of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Nigeria Country Office.
- 3 tickets to our post-Awards meet-and-greet in Abuja (date TBC), to network with Awards judges, finalists and attendees as well as donors and senior
members of government.
- Dr Laila Umar, Program Manager, National Primary Health Development Agency
- Dr Victor Igharo, Director at The Challenge Initiative (2021 Awards Winner)
- Foyeke Oyedokun-Adebagbo, Program Management Specialist, Social Behavior Change at USAID/Nigeria
- Pharm. Emeka Okafor, Project Director at Society for Family Health (2021 Awards Winner)
- Prof K. Viswanath, Harvard University and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- William Sambisa, Senior Measurement and Evaluation Officer at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
23rd March: Applications open
25th April: Deadline for applications
16th May: Shortlisted finalists announced on LinkedIn
31st May: Finalists share their 10-minute presentations with The Curve team
9th June: The Live Final
HOW TO ENTER
Completed forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th April 2022.
Entrants should download the Submission Form for the Awards judging criteria and an abstract template. If you’d like to enter, you must also register for the Live Final using the registration link.
Applications to The Curve Awards 2022 are open to any Nigeria-based organization, and the deadline for submissions is 25th April 2022. All entrants will be eligible to have their work featured on The Curve website, as well as in associated Curve materials.
The winners of The Curve Awards 2021 showcased how the CURVE process and behaviors were present in their programs, and how they evolved in light of key learnings.
Our winners went on to share their success with their networks and feature their work in the Special Journal Edition of Global Health: Science and Practice, working directly with Professor Vish Viswanath from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
The Challenge Initiative
The Challenge Initiative shared how they used a Responsive Feedback approach to strengthen state government family planning programming in Nigeria. Read their case study here.
Their award-winning presentation exemplified how efficiency a program can be redesigned when there is a culture of learning, with stakeholder buy-in.
Society for Family Health Nigeria
The Society for Family Health Nigeria run a demand generation program for family planning. Their award-winning presentation highlighted how they enhanced program effectiveness when Responsive Feedback mechanisms uncovered key local cultural and contextual insights.
You can read more about the ‘IntegratE‘ program as a case study on our website.